Colleges and universities across the UK rely upon high-quality campus signage to ensure their students and faculty members find their way to the right classrooms, lecture halls, and study groups.
Most educational establishments host thousands of students and visitors alike on their premises, so it’s important that their needs are met in terms of corporate signage.
What Organisations Use Campus Signage?
- Examples such as Universities, Colleges, and Schools all use signage outside of their buildings to help new students or visitors navigate their way around the campus easily.
- It is important for organisations that operate in the healthcare sector, especially Hospitals, to provide campus signage to provide easy navigation. As they are usually large premises, it can be easy for patients and visitors to get lost. It is important that people who seek emergency assistance to find their way around the hospital efficiently.
- Trains and Airports have multiple platforms, terminals and gates that can often be confusing when trying to navigate. Campus signage outside each of these helps travellers find their destination quickly and ensure they get to their transport on time.
Get In Touch For A Free ConsultationTalk To Us
Benefits of Using Campus Wayfinding Signage
- Make a good first impression. Colleges and universities welcome thousands of prospective students to their campuses every year, whether for application interviews, open events, or enrolment days. Without the right wayfinding signage, their first image of your university will be one of confusion.
- Improve navigation. Campus signage design makes it easier for people to get from one part of the university campus to another. Clear and concise design ensures that new arrivals stand a better chance of finding their feet (and their faculty) when on site.
- Reinforce brand identity. University signage is an opportunity to inspire students throughout their academic day. By using school colours in your design, along with the college crest, or university motto, you remind your students that they are attending a seat of learning.
- Improve traffic flow. Campus signage design is not just about pointing students towards the right building. It can also be used to direct the flow of individuals around the site to prevent bottlenecks from occurring across campus.
What Types of University Signage Do You Offer?
The most common form of university signage is the wayfinding sign. These useful installations direct students to their respective buildings and help channel foot traffic more effectively.
These signs themselves are available in a variety of formats, from wall-mounted signage attached to campus buildings, to free-standing monolith signs that display different directions on either side, appropriate to the flow of students.
You can also have a digital signage installation, where the information it holds can be changed remotely, as needed.
In addition to wayfinding signage, you can also have building signs that identify a particular hall, lab, or faculty, as well as door signs for individual offices within the university grounds.
Got some fantastic banners made by Steve at Award Signs and Business Gifts for a corporate golf day. The print finish is fantastic, the banners are durable and easy to set up and put away, all at a really good price. Would highly recommend.
From initial design and quotation through to delivery; everything was perfect. Thank you for your attention with my order.
Our order was dealt with quickly and efficiently with excellent communication. The product itself was of a very high standard. I would highly recommend Award Signs and look forward to working with them in the future.
I have used Award Signs on a number of occasions and have been very pleased with both the quality and the level of service. I would really recommend you give them a try.
Our Process for Campus Wayfinding Signage
We have decades of experience designing, building, and installing campus wayfinding signage. Whatever your requirements, we guarantee to meet them. This is what you can expect from us:
Full Campus Survey
We want to produce campus signage that works and there’s only one way to ensure that – visit the campus in question and see what kind of solution it needs.
Every centre of education is different, so we need to see the campus in person before we can commit to the project. This involves talking it over with your implementation team, then taking some measurements and photos.
Once we know what you want from your signage package, we can begin to implement it in the real world.
We begin with the campus signage design, incorporating your college or university branding. We then offer our expertise to help you choose the right materials, graphics, fonts, and so on, as well as what important information you wish to include on each sign.
Most university signage is installed outside, meaning it faces potential damage from wind, rain, and the rest of the elements on a daily basis.
We use the best materials on the market in the production of our campus signs. Whether you want a simple wall-mounted marker offering directions, or a digital signage board that displays tons of information, our choice of components ensures a finished product that will last.
We promise a high standard of workmanship and unbeatable customer service on every project. Our production team works with the original campus signage design to deliver something that matches it in every way.
The final part of our campus signage solutions is the installation of the finished product. Our experienced installation team will arrive on campus with all the tools and materials they need to fit your new university signage with care and safety.
"*" indicates required fields