Outdoor Wayfinding Signage
Whatever kind of brick-and-mortar business or organisation you run; outdoor wayfinding signage can be an important component of how visitors, customers, and employees experience your site.
As the name suggests, these directional corporate signage solutions help visitors to your site find their way around by providing clear and concise instructions.
What Businesses use Wayfinding Signage?
Wayfinding signs are used by all kinds of businesses and groups. Users most commonly fall into two groups: enterprises that have large, open premises with multiple departments or areas of interest; and organisations that attract large numbers of individuals during any given timeframe.
- Large attractions such as zoos, open-air museums, botanical gardens, conservation centres and retail centres tend to use wayfinding signage to improve navigation across the site and improve traffic flow.
- Many towns and cities have historical walks or nature trails that also make use of directional signs for visitors.
- Organisations in the educational sector such as Universities, Colleges and Schools require wayfinding signage to allow new students to find their way around campus with ease.
Get In Touch For A Free ConsultationTalk To Us
Benefits of Using Outdoor Wayfinding Signage
- Improve navigation. The core purpose of wayfinding signage is to provide direction for new arrivals and visitors to your site. We install quality signs across the UK, each designed to help individuals and groups find their way across your grounds.
- Improve traffic flow. Directional signs don’t just help people find their way across your premises, they also help you control the flow of visitors. Whether that’s through a one-way system indicated by floor graphics that point a certain way or carefully positioned signage that leads customers from building to building; this is something you can discuss with our design team.
- Promote brand identity. Every sign we install on your grounds creates an opportunity to point out your brand name, logo, and corporate message. With the right graphics and materials, every person who visits your building will be reminded of your company and its values.
What Types of Outdoor Wayfinding Signage Do You Offer?
There are all kinds of outdoor signage you can employ to promote your business. From shop fascias and wall-mounted signs to directional signage suitable for indoor or outdoor use, stand-up signs, and totem signs.
You might favour simple panel signs that are largely informative, or you might prefer illuminated signage that tells the whole world who you are and what you do.
Different outdoor signs serve different purposes in getting your business noticed by potential customers. This is why you should always consult experts in the field if you want to put together successful signage for your property.
Our Process for Outdoor Wayfinding Signage
Over the years, we have worked with all manner of businesses across the UK, designing, creating, and installing wayfinding signage.
Our dedicated team of experts works closely with you to produce wayfinding solutions that work best for you and your company.
We provide a complete service from start to finish – from the initial survey to the final installation. This is what you can expect from us:
Full Site Survey
Wayfinding signage only works if it is accurate. One of the first things we do as part of our process is to visit your site and get a feel for the space and its surroundings. We speak with your project leaders, pore over maps, take measurements and conduct a survey of the premises. All this helps us determine the size and extent of the wayfinding signage project.
Once we know what we’re dealing with in terms of locations and directions, our team will sit down with you and talk about the look you want for your directional signage.
This includes whether you want a uniform look, or whether you want each wayfinding sign to be unique.
They will assist you in choosing the right materials and offer vital advice on the most effective fonts, graphics, and other design elements.
Outdoor wayfinding signs need to withstand the vagaries of weather in the UK. Whether that’s lashing rains, cold winds, or scorching heat – sometimes all within the same week. We use quality materials to create wayfinding signage that can handle all of that and more.
Our wayfinding signs are built to last. Working to the original design approved by you, we’ll create durable and attractive wayfinding signage that your workplace can be proud of. The finished product will look the part and will allow visitors to navigate your site with ease.
We don’t just build your wayfinding signage, we also install it for you. We have our own crew of workers with decades of experience between them and the essential skills and tools to get the job done.
With so many choices these days it’s hard to find a supplier who always makes you feel like you are important to them. However, with Award Signs, no matter what the size of the order, they always make me feel like I’m their most important client.
The product and service was excellent and good quality, the team were helpful and
contactable. I would recommend for future projects.
I have used Award Signs on a number of occasions and have been very pleased with both the quality and the level of service. I would really recommend you give them a try.
I’ve been using Steve from Award Signs now for over 15 years, always had great service whenever we’ve needed labels to put onto our windows to lightboxes and our logos put onto the walls. If you need banners or anything like that for any events you are doing, definitely call Steve or Caroline.
"*" indicates required fields